otr4j is part of my GSoC 09' project and is encouraged by the SIP Communicator development. otr4j is an implementation of the OTR (Off-the-Record) protocol in java.

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Working with your SVN branch - Merge trunk changes to your branch


Now that the java otr library otr4j is functional, I wanted to merge any trunk changes back to my SIP Communicator branch, prior tto getting to work with SIP Communicator. I decided to post this because I always find my self googling for the answer..

this actually involves 4 commands:
  1. svn update, you run svn update to sync your working copy so svn info will show you updated information.
  2. svn info, running svn info will reveal the current HEAD revision (r2) as well as the revision of the last change of your branch (r1).
  3. svn merge, having these two pieces of information you can run svn merge -r r1:r2 trunk_location
  4. svn ci -m "Merged trunk changes r1:r2 into my branch"
Update: Friday, July 24, 2009

If you have time I would recommend reading at least Subversion in Action and Branching and Merging from the book Version Control with Subversion.

The procedure described above is not correct. It is simpler in >= 1.5 setups and, occasionally, more complicated in < 1.5 setups.

MiniMax and stsp on #svn channel on Freenode kindly answered my questions regarding some issues I had. I have to incorporate the outcome of the discussion here but until then here's the log.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Commits to SIP Communicator

Mercurial commits to project otr4j on Google Code