Here's a summary of the project's current status.. Screenshots of the current UI can be found in the OTR Plugin UI Picasa Web Album.
1. Make the OTR plugin register an encryption button in the tool (Implemented) and menu (Implemented) bars of the chat window.
2. The above mentioned button should indicate the status of the current chat (Implemented)
3. The above mentioned button should also contain (at least) the following options
* Start an ecnrypted chat (Implemented)
* End encrypted chat (Implemented)
* Authenticate/Verify contact (Implemented)
* Auto encrypt every session with this contact (Implemented)
* Help/ What is this (Implemented)
4. Implement support for clients that do not have OTR (Implemented)
5. Add support for incoming fragmented messages (Pending, otr4j has to be extended)
6. Configuration intertface that allows generating and displaying our own key as well as managing other people’s keys (Implemented, screenshot)
7. JUnit tests that run with every protocol (Pending)